If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Tuesday, May 30, 2017

A bit of eye candy

 

I think I've said it before that I'm sick and tired of being told that drug addicts have a disease, and that I must help support and treat them, and pay for the damage they do. Did a giant germ rush out of a dark alley, grab them, and stuff white powder up their noses or stick a needle in their arm while they tried to fight it off?

So when I heard about Luke Davies – poet, novelist and screenwriter of the hit movie Lion - who had pulled himself from the depths of heroin addiction at the beginning of 1990 to write a semi-autobiographical account of his relationship with Megan Bannister and their years of addiction, I didn't rush out to buy his book.

Nor did I rush out to buy the later film adaptation on DVD but since it is now freely available on YouTube, I struggled through the 108 minutes of this druggie movie which changed nothing for me: I'm still sick and tired of drug addicts; however, I shall make an effort and go and watch his latest movie, "Lion".


www.tiny.cc/riverbendmap