If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Friday, June 16, 2017

All his Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays are in vein

 

No one ever phones me except my ex-boss from my days with the ANZ Bank who does so on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Those are the days when he's hooked up to a dialysis machine in a Sydney hospital.

I asked him once if there are cases which require dialysis perhaps only once a week. Not according to him. It's three times a week; damned if you do, dead if you don't! It's not the way I would want to spend three days a week, what with my hematophobia and aichmophobia - not to mention my gametophobia (come on, GOOGLE for it!)

But there are always worse things in life: I know someone who uses a urinary catheter, and another who wears a colostomy bag. That's at least two good reasons to wear a big smile if you need neither.

Dialysis may be a big pain in the a.. (ARM, but I like the way you think) for my ex-boss but time goes just that little bit faster than the 200 millilitre per minute when we talk about the good ol' days long before he began to spend all his Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays in vein.


www.tiny.cc/riverbendmap

P.S. This video clip proves it's not all gore and guts inside a hospital: