If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Sunday, June 18, 2017

Nothing on the telly? Try this one!


'Flirting' is a kind-of-sequel to 'The Year My Voice Broke'

 

Set in country New South Wales in 1962 and capturing an orange-hued panorama of small hills and sunny pastures, this movie is as much about watching as remembering.

And if you've driven through Braidwood as often as I have, you'll remember that granite-boulder-strewn landscape and recognise the street scenes, the milkbar and the Royal Mail Hotel, replete with dartboard, grotty counter, specials blackboards, and sweaty locals.

All good memories. Enjoy!


www.tiny.cc/riverbendmap

P.S. Driving into Braidwood, there used to be this big sign that said, "Royal Mail Hotel - Cheap Accamation". Being the pedant that I am, I couldn't resist stopping for a beer and telling the publican, "That sign of yours, you know ...". "I know", he said, "but it's good for business as people keep coming in for a beer to tell me about it." Just to show him that it's still working, I've been stopping there for a beer ever since.