If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Saturday, July 8, 2017

Let sleeping dogs dream

 

By the time I had found out all about how the Irish had saved civilisation - see previous blog - it was well past my bedtime and little Rover was deeply asleep beside me.

Rather than waking him, I squeezed in alongside him and pulled over what little of Jetstar's business-class blanket he was willing to share with me. Which wasn't much which meant that by three o'clock in the morning I awoke shivering and feeling like a half-opened Swiss Army knife because here's the other thing I learnt, "Never buy a sofa that's shorter than you're tall." Funny how life's lessons always come too late.

It's seven in the morning now, and I've just stomped across the raureif-covered grass to feed the water fowl by the pond, No need to feed Rover who's still dreaming of grilled lamp chops and his latest taste bud teaser, savoury mince. I know because I can hear him softly sighing while his little black nose twitches and his little pink tongue quivers.

Do I love this little guy? How did you guess? He's my best friend. And you know what they say: if a man's best friend is his dog, the dog has got a problem - except Rover who seems to take it in his short wobbly stride.


www.tiny.cc/riverbendmap

P.S. Those of you who read my blog attentively will have noticed the word 'raureif'. It's your bit of erudition for the day because I knew that if I used the English word 'hoar', you would've thought I couldn't spell  ☺