If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Taxing times

 

The taxman has just sent me a friendly letter which reads, "Last year you lodged a paper tax return, but did you know that it is easier to lodge your return online with myTax?"

Yes, I did know and I did try to lodge my return online last year, but I got stuffed around so much that in the end I went back to the good old paper tax return.

Letting bygones be bygones I tried again this year - with the same results: "Page not found" and "Cannot find link" errors at almost every turn. So I tried to order my paper tax return form - online, of course! With the same result: "Page not found".

In desperation I phoned their automated ordering service on 1300 720 092. Speaking to an automated voice, I finally got the order through, but only just. It seems their voice recognition program has trouble dealing with a thick German accent.


www.tiny.cc/riverbendmap

P.S. Just heard on the evening news that the Australian Taxation Office's website crashed today. Seems everything I touch crashes: first the stock market and now the ATO's website  ☺