If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Monday, July 3, 2017

Winter in Australia

The Snowy Hydro Scheme Part 1  Part 2  Part 3   Part 4  Part 5  Part 6

The Snowy & Its People Part 1  Part 2  Part 3   Part 4  Part 5  Part 6

 

If it's true what they say about fighting pain with pain, what about fighting cold with cold? I've just been shivering through a viewing of Ted Egan's beautiful documentary of the Snowy Mountains which made me appreciate that I'm not feeling quite as cold down here.

It also made me realise how many years it's been since I last passed that ticket booth at the entrance of Kosciusko National Park. Maybe it's time I drove up there again once the weather has warmed up again.

Right now though I turn up the fire and watch my favourite actress in my favourite movie: Sigrid Thornton in "The Man From Snowy River".


www.tiny.cc/riverbendmap