If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Saturday, September 16, 2017

One foot in the grave

 

With the sun out and the temperature slowly approaching global warming, we drove to the Moruya Bowling Club for lunch and celebrated my birthday by working our way through the dessert menu. At my age, getting a good piece means getting the first slice of a birthday cake.

I spent the rest of the afternoon lying on the couch to help me with my digestion and lying about my age as the phone calls kept coming in (I thought I just slip this one in to help you with your next spelling bee).

Then I couldn't think of anything more appropriate to do than watch a few episodes of "One Foot in the Grave". Thanks to Victor Meldrew, I've already got some new ideas of how to get through the next 365 days.