If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Saturday, October 21, 2017

Bending the rules at "Riverbend"

 

Went for a quiet paddle when a big launch pulled up along-side me. MARITIME NSW was written all over the boat, and officialdom all over the bearded face on board.

"Are you aware of the new rules?", asked the bearded face in an official voice.

It's difficult to stand to attention in a wobbly canoe, so I meekly replied, "No."

"When boating alone, you're required to wear a Level-50S-or-greater lifejacket at all times. The fine for non-compliance is $500."

That's more than my canoe is worth!

I'd been sitting on my old lifejacket to keep my bum safe from blisters. I tried to put it on but it must've shrunk since I'd last worn it or my waist-line must've done the opposite. Anyway, there's no law against obesity - not yet!


www.tiny.cc/riverbendmap