If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Thursday, October 5, 2017

Life's big questions

 

Why do we have earlobes? Why do clocks run 'clockwise'? How does aspirin find a headache? Why is yawning contagious? Why is four usually noted as IIII rather than IV on clocks and watches with Roman numerals?

The problem with op-shopping is that you always find the best bargains at the most inopportune moments; however, during my quick dash into town yesterday I found this fascinating book just after I'd finished David Suzuki's "Naked Ape to Superspecies - A personal perspective on humani-ty and the global eco-crisis" and needed something to lighten up with.

I know I'm loading myself up for a future garage sale but, hey, it's nice to find out that it is a gas by the name of propanethiol S-oxide and not any personal attachment that makes me cry when I hack into an onion.

If your local op-shop doesn't have this book, feel free to email me your life's big question. But keep it clean, please!


www.tiny.cc/riverbendmap

P.S. If you couldn't believe that that's all I walked out with when I left my favourite shop, you were right because I also found "BYPASS - The Story of a Road" about the Hume Highway and "A (Brief) History of Vice - How bad behaviour built civilization".