If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Saturday, November 11, 2017

Homegrown dementia tea

 

Rolled out of bed and into the kitchen for my first cup of tea. Poured the hot water and took the cup on my morning con-stitutional (no, not that constitutional!) down the property.

Dazzled by the early-morning sunlight, it took me two long sips before I noticed that there was something unusual about the tea. Looking into the cup, I saw that it was just hot water. I had forgotten to add the teabag and the spoolful of honey and the dash of lemon!

Going back inside, I read with amazement on the German internet that a fifteen-year-old school girl in Dresden was given €2,000 and a civic medal for dobbing in some class mates - see here - who did such "Nazi-things" as charging their mobiles to only 88% - and, of course, as every Nazi-hunter knows, "88" stands for "HH" which stands for "Heil Hitler".

According to our courageous little hero, school mates had also wished each other "Heilung!" instead of "Bless you" when sneezing, and there had been a resurgence of the derogatory term "Jude", although she conveniently forgot to add that this was a favoured word amongst the 75% of school kids of Turkish and Arabic origin. "Lieb Vaterland, magst ruhig sein, Fest steht und treu die Wacht, die Wacht am Rhein!"

And apropos of nothing, remember how last week's BHP-for-ANZ share swap didn't seem to play out as planned? - see here. Well, it does so now because yesterday BHP dropped 56 cents while the newly swapped-into ANZ went down by only 1 cent. I still hold a fistful of BHP which means my portfolio is down a whopper but not as much as it would've been before the swap. Maybe I should publish an investment newsletter and call it "Share Market Advice Regular Tips" - or SMART for short  ☺ (of course, with hindsight it would've been even better if I had sold all my BHP when they topped $28.75 and buy back in at yesterday's $27.80 but hindsight has never played any part in my investment strategy).

After all this, I think I need another cup of homegrown dementia tea, brewed from the finest leaves grown in the deep recesses of my mind.


www.tiny.cc/riverbendmap