If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Saturday, November 4, 2017

Steamies is celebrating its centenary

 

Papua New Guinea's Steamships Trading Company is celebrating its centenary and is asking for anecdotal stories and historical images of the company's major milestones.

I sent them an image of this K.1,231,182.92 cheque. That's well over K.3,000,000 in today's money. Milestones don't get much bigger than this!

 

 

For the full story, read "At my age I do what Mark Twain did. I get my daily paper, look at the obituaries page and if I'm not there I carry on as usual".


www.tiny.cc/riverbendmap

P.S. For a quick review of "Steamships Trading Company 1918-2008: A History" by James Sinclair, click here.