If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Saturday, March 3, 2018

It's turtles all the way down

 

I counted at least seven of them, popping their little heads out of the murky water of the pond. They're eastern long-necked turtles and live as long as sixty years which means they'll outlive me, the possums, waterdragons, ducks, king parrots, lorikeets, frogs and everything else that makes up this wondrous life at "Riverbend".

It's Saturday morning and, right on cue, the sun is out and the river is as slow-moving as the "The Wind in the Willows" which I would read again except that I've read it so often that I could quote it chapter and verse.

Instead, courtesy of YouTube, I'll watch "Das Traumpaar", a comedy set in Stendal, the town I was born in more years ago than I care to recall.


www.tiny.cc/riverbendmap