If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Monday, April 2, 2018

All quiet on the river front

 

All those who believed that cutting off the top of a blanket and sewing it to the bottom could give them a longer blanket reversed the process last Sunday. We are now back to 'normal' time in more ways than one because Easter is also behind us and the jetskis are back in Canberra and all is quiet on the river front.

Padma started stocking the pantry as she knows I won't do any shopping while she's away in Surabaya. In fact, I won't do much of anything else: baked beans on toast in the morning followed by a cheese-and-onion sandwich for lunch followed by a cheese-and-onion sandwich for dinner. It's called a balanced diet.

I'll conform to some social mores by once a week putting all the laundry into the washer and myself in the shower. I'll do it just before I go into town so as not to be refused service when I fill the jerry can with fuel for the ride-on and also buy more duck food. If by then I've run low on onions, I'll get a bagful of them as well.

As for the rest of the time, the gates will stay firmly shut so as keep out any unwanted callers who may want to disturb my pleasant daydreams.


www.tiny.cc/riverbendmap