If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Sunday, April 15, 2018

Clean enough to be healthy but dirty enough to be happy

 

I believe it's called minimalism and I'm practising it while Padma is away: one spoon, one fork, one knife, one plate, one cup, one saucer, one pot, one fry pan - and two minds about it because, unless I wash up immediately afterwards, I'm always tempted to reach for the next pot, the next plate, and the next cup.

Don't even get me started on cups! We have two cupboards full of tea cups! What for? Are we ever going to host a convention of Tea Drinkers of the World Unite? Now all those cups are full of dust instead of tea.

As for socks, I have several drawers full of socks despite the fact that I've stopped wearing them altogether. Not because I've become a socks-minimalist but because I can't reach my toes anymore to pull them on.

I look back with fondness to the days when I was still agile enough to pull on my socks and to move from place to place before I settled at "Riverbend" and some raging Compulsive Hoarding Disorder compelled me to stuff every available nook and cranny with endless stuff. Stuff it!

How much simpler things were when I was still travelling the world with nothing more than a small suitcase and a big head full of ideas! The employers provided everything: car, food, accommodation, even laun-dered shirts. I simply dropped them on the floor before I went to work and they were all wrapped up in cellophane when I came back at night.

And they're still wrapped up because, instead of unwrapping them, I bought more. It's time for another cup of tea --- from the same cup!


www.tiny.cc/riverbendmap