If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Friday, April 6, 2018

My shadow is lengthening ...

 

I'm back from my morning walk up Sproxton Lane and Bridgeview Road and along Thule Road and across the bridge and into the village of Nelligen and back again. Click go the joints boys, click, click, click. Now it's time for a cup of tea and a good lie-down.

For those of you who haven't travelled the world and haven't been to Nelligen yet, let me explain: "Riverbend" is that 'lit-up' area in the bend of the river on the other side. Sproxton Lane runs upriver from there, turns into Bridgeview Road, and then Thule Road, at the end of which a red arrow points to a small cottage that's just come onto the market; in fact, being gorm- as well as droneless, I've just 'stolen' this aerial photo from their advertisement on the realestate.com.au website - click here.

 

Here is proof if proof is needed: the sun always shines on "Riverbend"

 

Once across the bridge - and don't I hate it as I'm not good with heights: rather than walking along the rails and suffering from vertigo, I tiptoe along the kerb and take my chances with the oncoming traffic - it's a turn to the left and a short break at the River Café before, depending on the state of the weather and my clicking joints, I continue on up the hill or return without further delay to the peace and quiet of Riverbend.


www.tiny.cc/riverbendmap

P.S. Bad news: on the walk back, I discovered another Aussie ball-tampering. When will they finally stop this scandalous behaviour?