If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Thursday, April 19, 2018

Terms of endearment

 

It used to be part of the ambience of certain eateries which also sported Formica tabletops and glass sugar dispensers, but unless it was said by a particularly attractive waitress who leaned low over the table as she refilled my coffee, I've always considered this term of endearment kind of patronizing, to be honest.

And it seems to be increasing along with my age and waistline. Should I take it as a racial slur and report it to the Anti-Discrimination Board? Or should I just leave my scimitar at home?


Googlemap Riverbend